Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Another Year Older...Maybe Even A Little Wiser...

34 years have come and gone... on to #35. Crazy how fast time flies. As a gift to myself, I went on a scrapbook retreat in Evergreen, CO with my friend Lynne. They had a BOGO special for the weekend and I took full advantage of it - I even treated myself to a massage and a jacuzzi bath! It was a great weekend and I am so thankful that I am taking time for myself these days. Life just doesn't seem quite as rough.

My actual birthday consisted of a wake-up call from my parents to wish me a happy birthday, followed by Jeff and Wyatt singing "Happy Birthday" many times - probably out of guilt because they forgot about my birthday until my parents called. That's why I just take matters into my own hands and buy what I want. I must admit it's not quite as much fun since there's no suspense of opening a gift -or a homemade card from Wyatt. But, oh well... birthdays just aren't quite what they once were. I miss the days of family gathered around the big table at my grandparents house - having a yummy meal of lasagne - opening up the gifts of Strawberry Shortcake cereal, Barbies, music, and eating pies and ice cream cake from Carvel - you know, the crunchy chocolate filled stuff with vanilla and chocolate ice cream. YUMMY!

Those days are gone. New traditions must begin - and I'm setting up one of those birthday reminder thingys on Jeff's email!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment